Tuesday, July 17, 2007

An Aomorian Safari in Shimokita


My Father Atop His Safari-Vehicle
(This is my dream pickup truck . . . I hope I can afford it someday)

My father comes to our house about once month in order to lead an evening worship service in our home for local Christians (and anyone else who wants to come). He can only make it for the evening because he preaches at Ajigasawa Church in the morning, and usually he needs to take off around lunch time the next day while I'm away at work. This past Monday was a holiday, though, so he stuck around and we took of on a safari adventure of Deepest Shimokita. Unfortunately I didn't take as many photos as I might have, so the humble slide show presented below is about all I have to show for it. We did see a few monkeys running down the road, but by the time I got my cell phone set to record video they had already disappeared into the bush. I'll remember that, next time the board of education sends me out with a BB gun on monkey patrol.